Friday 20 July 2012

I love Paris!

I love the cafe's where I practice my French and, to my surprise and delight, they understand me!







I love the subdued character of the anonymous streets





and the every-day chaos of the well-known ones as they make preparations for the cyclists' triumphant arrival.




I love the grandiose architecture, honouring centuries of kings and presidents.




And the modern day artists.









I love the romanticism of lovers locking their hearts together and throwing away the keys




and the folly of creating a beach on the banks of the Seine.



This city rocks - and I'm loving every minute of it!










1 comment:

  1. Bonjour Julie. Absolutely loving reading your blog and seeing the colourful photos you have taken so far. I think my favourite is the musicians on the crowded train -- full of atmosphere and humanity. Can't wait to read more. ME

    ReplyDelete